You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
Agreed that we should allow time for a proper release candidate for the two mentioned semver-minors. I guess the question is whether the remaining semver patch commits warrant a semver patch release.
What about releasing the semver-minors that are in the current rc as planned and delay the two mentioned commits to the next semver-minor (possibly make March also semver-minor)?
@richardlau we've actively avoided doing multiple semver minors for LTS in the past. The next scheduled minor would be next quarter... we could do this but I don't like the precedent it sets
The current schedule has the 20th as the date for the next r.c, how do you think we should go about that?
We've already delayed a week right? So in total this release would be 3 weeks late. In that case we probably just want to drop the March 6th release and do 8.10.1 on April 3rd instead.
Activity
richardlau commentedon Feb 9, 2018
Agreed that we should allow time for a proper release candidate for the two mentioned semver-minors. I guess the question is whether the remaining semver patch commits warrant a semver patch release.
cc @kasicka re. nodejs/node#16509 (comment) and nodejs/node#18625
richardlau commentedon Feb 9, 2018
What about releasing the semver-minors that are in the current rc as planned and delay the two mentioned commits to the next semver-minor (possibly make March also semver-minor)?
MylesBorins commentedon Feb 9, 2018
@richardlau we've actively avoided doing multiple semver minors for LTS in the past. The next scheduled minor would be next quarter... we could do this but I don't like the precedent it sets
mhdawson commentedon Feb 9, 2018
My preference would be to delay by 1-2 weeks.
MylesBorins commentedon Feb 9, 2018
@mhdawson I am open to that
The current schedule has the 20th as the date for the next r.c, how do you think we should go about that?
gibfahn commentedon Feb 11, 2018
We've already delayed a week right? So in total this release would be 3 weeks late. In that case we probably just want to drop the March 6th release and do 8.10.1 on April 3rd instead.
February 13thv8.10.0February 20thv8.10.1-rcMarch 6thv8.10.121-rc21MylesBorins commentedon Feb 12, 2018
@gibfahn would we potentially just want to push the release until the 6th?
gibfahn commentedon Feb 12, 2018
You mean the v8.10.0 release? I'm not opposed to doing that.
MylesBorins commentedon Feb 12, 2018
mhdawson commentedon Feb 15, 2018
+1 to pushing to the 6th as well.
gibfahn commentedon Feb 18, 2018
Done in https://github.com/nodejs/Release/wiki/Home/947ac13a5365e28aa8117aa2be40cd5347ffe7ca